I’ve run out of time with Smackdown this week. I’d do it tomorrow or later in the week but there’s a PPV tonight and I have to go out in an hour or so. Unless I do it right now, it’ll be redundant in a few hours. Sorry about phoning it in. Real life and all that. I’ll do better next week.
THE BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS WEEK’S SMACKDOWN
- Dolph Ziggler is making his way back into a storyline, and I feel that he may end up in cahoots with Drew McIntyre. This makes me very happy. Also, Drew McIntyre wore a new pair of supermarket slacks. I’ve missed those.
- Croft & Barreta and Ezekiel Jackson have now got jobs on Smackdown; which is good because they’d be swallowed up by the Cena/HHH/Orton factor on Raw, just like every other red mid-carder.
- I shouted STRIKE A POSE at the Straight Edge Society and they responded like this. So Madonna circa 1990. Love it!
- Todd Grisham quoting a Michael Bolton song, claiming to be a fan of the guy and reducing Matt Striker to fits of genuine laughter. Nice to have you back, real Matt Striker. Mwah!
- Batista’s introspection.
THE WORST THINGS ABOUT THIS WEEK’S SMACKDOWN
- Serena’s outfit. Sorry, ladies. I know many of you loved it, but her outfits have been a bit hit-and-miss for me. Too many pointless straps and silly earrings. I think they’re struggling to dress her ample bosom+short body. They should just call me. I can help.
- Vickie’s Big Blow-Dry = NO!
- Maria’s inability to function as a Diva without a boyfriend. Obviously, not her fault. It’s a creative decision. But URGH! Give that girl some freedom!
- And finally, this promo. No more words, just watch and chew down on your fingernails.