Bored with serious, tedious wrestling blogs? You need Wrestlegasm.com in your life. I can’t cure your acne, tell you how to train your dog to sit or give you advice on how to fold a napkin in to a swan shape, but I will try to bring you the silly side of WWE wrestling. Because it IS silly, and hilarious, and brilliant. Oh don’t pretend you don’t love it. You know you do!
Wrestlegasm.com is a blog based website which hopes to be a light-hearted review of all the shenanigans that go on in the World Wrestling Entertainment Corp. You should take that as a hint – don’t take it too seriously, ok? It’s meant to be fun. Wrestlegasm.com is in its infancy. Just a tiny blip on the radar of wrestling blogs. But I hope it will grow and bring laughter to more people as I go along. Everything’s kind of basic at the moment, but if all goes well it’ll puff-up and become glossier as time moves on. Come with me?
A few other things you might need to take on board:
- Yep, I’m a girl. A girl who loves the WWE. There are lots of us. Millions, in fact. And no, that doesn’t mean I’m a tom-boy who dresses like a man and scoffs at chick-flicks. I’m a very girly-girl. I paint my toenails in lovely shades of pink, I wear pretty make-up and floaty tops, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s is one of my favourite films. AAAAAAND I love wrestling. Shocker! Oh, and I’m Welsh-British too, which means my accent is better than yours.
- I’m a student of journalism, and I don’t mean that in some kind of hypothetical sense. I really am a journo in the making, studying at a proper college. I also write more general posts about television, sports and music over at I’ll Buy My Own Nachos. That’s where the idea for Wrestlegasm.com first began brewing.
- I first started watching wrestling regularly because I had a crush on The Rock. I STILL have crushes on a lot of wrestlers. Don’t hate me for it. I’m a woman. I like really buff men. The WWE is like a hotness buffet for me. Embrace!
- If you’re a wrestling fan, you should ALREADY KNOW what a wrestlegasm is. You should have had MANY wrestlegasm moments. If you haven’t, you’re doing it wrong. But that’s alright, don’t be embarrassed, I’ll show you how to tap in to your wrestlegasm sweet-spot. Stick with me, kid. And if you’re new to all this insanity we refer to as sports entertainment, welcome. Don’t be afraid, I’ll look after you.
- Don’t expect any detailed info on the moves used or any exclusive insider information on who’s signing what contract that week. If you want that you’ll need to visit Jason Powell’s ProWrestling.net. He has all the latest, juicy goss on your favourite heroes’ lives, and is the Grandaddy of all wrestling news. I’m a girl who thinks wrestlers are super-hot-sexy. I ain’t gonna lie, THAT will be basis of most of my WWE posts. Sorry, if that’s not what you were looking for.
- Don’t question me on who won a particular match at Wrestlemania in 1994 using a reverse chokehold or whatevs. I WON’T KNOW AND DON’T CARE. I’ve been watching wrestling for approx a decade. That is all. And that includes a break somewhere in he middle where I lost heart with Vince’s tactics. Besides, I’ll probably just ask my boyfriend (my human WWE encyclopedia) to tell me the answer and pass the info off as the product of my own immense brainpower anyway.
- Wrestling is not my life. I’m a big fan, but not obsessed, although, setting up this site will undoubtedly lead to unhealthy obsession. I might skip a few posts if I didn’t watch Smackdown that week, or if I’m really busy, or really tired. A girls’ got a (boring) day-job, ya know. I promise to do my best to keep up to date though.
- I’m a mainstream kinda gal. Most of what I write about will centre around Raw, Smackdown and the PPVs. I certainly don’t have time to watch TNA. Sorry, JJ. Maybe when they put 30 hours in a day. So don’t get all pissed off if I don’t mention anything beyond Raw and Smackdown in a particular week. I know how you wrestling-psychos are.
So, that’s pretty much it. It won’t be everyone’s cup of protein-shake, but if you enjoy your visit here I hope you’ll come back soon. I’ll try to keep the posts as regular as daily-life permits.
Love ya already,